Hi, y’all. Happy Wednesday. I hope your Hump Day is passing along smoothly, and I hope your first full week of classes is going splendidly. I’d also like to strongly urge you to apply to The Hoya and, more specifically, to 4E. When you do, you’ll get to write fun posts like this one and go to parties with us. *shameless self-promotion*
Speaking of, 4E is actually having a little party this weekend. It’s going to be Hunger Games-themed and we’re calling it the Blunger Games (Get it? Blog + Hunger Games?). It’s probably going to look like this:
P.S. You aren’t invited.
But even though you can’t join us for the endless amounts of fun and shenanigans that we will engage in this fin de semana, we didn’t want you to leave here empty-handed. That’s why we made this playlist for you. Usually we do this on Fridays, but that’s when we’re having our party. Sorry, not sorry.
We’re going to use this at our Blunger Games rager. You can use it whenever you’d like:
1. The Hanging Tree (DIA Plattenpussys Edit) — Jennifer Lawrence We’re going to start the night with this one because it’s from the Mockingjay soundtrack and the remix will get us hyped for battle. Also, who knew Jennifer Lawrence was such a phenomenal singer?
2. Hungry Like The Wolf — Duran Duran Obviously at the Hunger Games, people are hungry. At the Blunger Games, we are Hungry Like The Wolf.
3. Tainted Love — Soft Cell This song really seems to hit at the heart of the whole Peeta-Katniss relationship drama. So I added it.
4. I Knew You Were Trouble — Taylor Swift Yup. President Snow, this one’s for you.
5. Boss A** B**** — Nicki Minaj featuring PTAF This is how Katniss must feel every time she hits somebody with a flaming arrow.
6. Here In Your Arms — Hellogoodbye Here’s another one for Katniss and Peeta. Or do I mean Katniss and Gale? (The world will never know.) Also, I never got over my angsty phase in middle school.
7. I Will Survive — Gloria Gaynor Number one objective at the Blunger Games: Survival.
8. ***Flawless (featuring Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche) — Beyoncé Remember that part where Katniss is on the TV show and she spins around and her dress lights on fire like she’s some volcano? Good, because I’m sure she had this song in her head while it was happening.
9. Coco — Gnash (O.T. Genasis Cover) This one goes out to our Deputy Editor, Courtney “Coco” Klein. It will also provide us with a nice respite from all the violence of the Games.
10. All I Do Is Win — DJ Khaled featuring Ludacris, Rick Ross, T-Pain and Snoop Dogg In the Blunger Games, as in life, there are losers. But not my Blunger Games team. We are going to win.
Yep, that’s about it. Happy Wednesday.
Photos: car-memes.com; bodysmartinc.com; hottopic.com