Happy study days! There are less than two weeks left of freshman year. It felt like only yesterday that I was trying to figure out what GUTS meant, how to pre-register and find my way around campus (okay the last one may have happened yesterday). But freshman year is almost over, and I have a few end of year freshman fears!
Getting lost isn’t cute anymore. Let’s face it, not knowing where the first floor of ICC was as a freshman is completely acceptable. But as a sophomore, not so much.
I have to leave my beloved VCW. How am I supposed to roll out of bed twenty minutes before class in WGR and still make it on time? I’m sure going to miss waking up to the Jes Res fire alarm. Moving to VCE is going to be such a big change.
I’m going to miss my floor. It’s really comforting to know exactly who wakes you up in the middle of the night with their screaming.
Leo’s won’t change.
I have to choose a major. Next year I have to choose an acronym that could define the rest of my life ~G[C]ULP~ .
But first I have to get through a few finals and memorize the map of the World.
Gifs: giphy.com, vomzi.com
We received this submission from an anonymous senior (whoever you are, we love you), and thought it was too good to pass up. So as finals season starts to wrap up, take a look at this game and decide whether you want to gamble your liver on it. May the odds be ever in your favor, Class of 2012.
Georgetown Forever: The Drinking Game for soon-to-be Georgetown Graduates
Our time on the Hilltop is drawing to a close and like many of my fellow seniors, I’m reflecting on my time at Georgetown, which has included many celebrations from Homecoming to Georgetown Day. While I will be moving into adulthood and plan on taking the spirit of Georgetown with me, I won’t be able to dedicate my Tuesday… and Wednesday… and Thursday nights to shameless behavior at the Tombs. With a bit of creativity, I’ve decided that graduation calls for a moment to toast to our time at Georgetown. Hoya Saxa and Georgetown Forever!
This game is called “Georgetown Forever” and it is not for the weak of heart or those with a low alcohol tolerance. The rules of the game are simple and it starts from the end of your last final and continues until you walk across the stage to shake John DeGioia’s hand and show your parents what they got for a $220,000 investment.
1. Start the game on the day of your last final and end the game when you graduate. DON’T drink everything one the same day… this is 120+ shots Hoyas, so pace yourself!
2. Count every credit that you have taken, including summer school. Transfers must count the other credits they took at another college.
3. Get an official copy of your transcript if you can (it’s the least that Georgetown can do for all that tuition money) and make a shopping list. Its study day so study up on what you will need.
4. The higher rules outrank the lower ones, for example if the credit was in your major that would outrank a credit for in the school it was taught.
5. Each credit only gets one shot. If a credit was in your major and in the College, don’t double count the shots! We’re not looking to give GERMS more practice during Senior Week then they had all four years of your life in college… you do want to walk and get that diploma, right?
6. If you do the shots in the order of the classes which you took, then you get bonus points. If you took “Problem of God” freshman year and your thesis class senior year, then drink in that order.
Click through for the Hierarchy of Shots.
Continue reading “Georgetown Forever: A Drinking Game”