If you’re anything like me, you’ve probably had about 13 conversations today that have gone like this. It begins with an awkward hug, and then:
Person 1: Hey! How was your break?
Person 2: Good! How was yours?
Person 1: Good!
[Conversation ends even more awkwardly than the hug.]
4E doesn’t like awkward post-winter-break conversations. That’s why we’ve made this handy dandy list of alternative conversation starters for you to use instead of “How was your break?”
1. What was your favorite part about your break?
2. What are you looking forward to most about this semester?
3. Did you make any good New Year’s resolutions?
4. How about that Auburn-FSU game?
5. If you were a Harry Potter character, who would you be and why? (Not break-related, but always important to know.)
6. What did you give your family for Christmas?
7. [Insert political topic.] Suggestions include the Chris Christie email scandal, marijuana legalization in Colorado and/or Obamacare. Be wary, though. These might get heated.
8. Have you applied to The Fourth Edition yet? Because you really should.
9. Do you like green eggs and ham? Why or why not?
10. What’s your favorite/least favorite part of the first day of classes?
And if all else fails…
11. How about this weather?
What better day to procrastinate then on the Sunday of a three-day weekend? You still have tomorrow to write that paper or study for that midterm so put away the work and focus on doing absolutely nothing. We at the Fourth Edition are happy to provide you with another weekly installment of The Procrastinator’s Guide to the Galaxy to get you through the day.
How embarrassing is your family? Are you terrified when your parents come to visit during Parents Weekend? Do you shamelessly try to hide them from all your friends? Are you absolutely convinced you just had to be adopted?
Not to worry fellow Hoyas. You’re not alone. But, trust me, it could be worst, and, if you don’t believe me, check out this assortment of awkward family photos. I mean, this could have been your family’s Christmas card. Or this. Even worse, what would you do if these people were your parents? There is an array of different albums from pets to grandparents so have fun for the next few hours!
Do you have a family photo so awful that it just needs to be shared? Make sure to submit it to AwkwardFamilyPhotos! What more would you want then for millions of people to see you in your absolute worst?
Have a happy Sunday!