Between pulling all-nighters on Lau 2 this past week and complaining about how much work you have to do, you may find yourself a little pressed for time for holiday shopping. Perhaps you’ve even forgotten all about the upcoming festivities after spending hours in an isolated little cubicle in the depths of our soul-crushing library. If you’re suddenly finding yourself in a gift-less state of distress thinking, “But what will I get Uncle Jim?!”, then you may want to continue reading.
We’ve gone over some nice ideas for absurd holiday gifts, but if you’re looking for something Hoya-themed, forget googling perfect gift ideas for middle-aged uncles and instead pull up the Georgetown University Bookstore website. They’ve got some pretty great gift options this holiday season, so you’re sure to find something for everyone on your list! The bookstore has an overwhelming number of possibilities, so 4E decided to put together a list of their most versatile and useful options.
- Hoyas Basketball Gnome: Maybe you’re shopping for a family member who’s really into supporting the Hoyas on the court and also happens to value fine lawn decor? This lawn gnome could really bring that WOW factor to a yard. Pretty much anyone on your gift list would be lucky to receive such a treasure.
- Serenity Teapot: Looking for a gift for a particularly calming person? In that case look no further and consider your holiday shopping done. Nothing brings tranquility quite like this Serenity Teapot… plus it holds 24 oz of tea!
- Georgetown Nutcracker: Nothing screams “Tis’ the season!” quite like Nutcrackers. But this isn’t just any Nutcracker, no, this one is Georgetown themed! Can you think of anything that more perfectly combines a love of the holidays and Georgetown?! We can’t…
- Georgetown Hoyas Frisbee: Everyone love playing frisbee, right? Well, maybe. But we’re sure that your younger cousin would be really excited to get a gift like this!
- Life-Sized Jack the Bulldog Statue: You’ve probably seen this statue just sitting in the middle of the bookstore and thought to yourself, “Hey what’s Jack doing here?!”. Upon closer examination you probably realized that it was actually just a freakishly life-like statue and not the real bulldog. But it’s pretty close to the real deal, so why not get it for your animal loving friend? With a price tag of $500 it’s definitely worth every penny.
As you can clearly see, the bookstore should be your one stop shopping spot this year. Feel free to peruse the site because there really wasn’t enough room in this post to include all of their fantastic options (plus it’s a great way to procrastinate even more for that managerial accounting final). Happy Holidays, Hoyas, and remember when all else fails…
Photos: twimg.com, bkstr.com/georgetownstore, bookstorejobs.com; Gif: reactiongifs.com