It’s that time of year when even the most avid tea drinker feels that the meager amount of caffeine in green tea just isn’t cutting it. Yes, as finals approach, I find myself upping my caffeine intake by a factor of three (read as: twelve) and starting to actually enjoy drinking the coffee at Leo’s. I know, what’s becoming of me. Maybe it’s the 6:45am Bikram yoga I’ve been attending for my stress, or maybe because it’s mono season, but it seems like everyone is a little more tired these days. With seven places to get caffeinated on campus, we know that the art of the bean means something to the Georgetown population.
So, what does your coffee say about you?:
- Americano: Mmmmm espresso. The name of the Americano lends it an almost paradoxical essence; a foreign name for our own home-town Americana. The Americano drinker has big dreams of Paris and Milan, in fact you’re already practicing your Italian oral exam for your pending study abroad next semester. Como estai?
- Black Coffee: Either the trek for milk at Leo’s, conveniently placed on the other end of the cafeteria from the coffee, or your hard-edged persona has landed you with the most serious of coffee drinkers. Sugar? No. Milk? No no. You like your coffee hot and your heart is likely steel cold. Just kidding. Maybe. Probably not.
- Mocha: It’s like the adult version of hot chocolate. The little kid in you smiles when you take a sip. You’re the type of person who still remembers watching Rocket Power like it was yesterday. Plans for winter time? You’re already penciled in some ice skating by the waterfront as a study break from your Biology final.
- Red Eye: Just as jacked up as Red Eye the 2005 horror movie, you spend your week at Club Lau (minus the club) and your weekends at the night clubs. Maybe you’re saying to yourself – sleep? Who needs it. Yeah, not you, not when you’re drinking a red-eye at least.
- Vanilla Latte: Sweet but it packs a punch. With every smile you give, you’ve given an eyebrow raise to match. You’re sassy, your sweet, and with your vanilla latte, sleep will not have you beat. With a Vanilla Latte in hand you’re most likely to be seen on your way into Georgetown cupcakes to get a surprise cupcake for your roommate to help them through the stress of their Organic Chem final. D’awww.
- Cappuccino: Class and style. You’ve got it. That rich espresso with a slight froth of milk perfectly describes your personality. Drinking coffee for you has become more than a necessity, it’s an experience. It’s all about getting the ultimate enjoyment. You like to sit back and relax with your coffee in hand, slowly sipping to some Lykke Li playing in the background.