There is nothing college students love more than finding new ways to procrastinate and getting free stuff. With that premise in mind, Yik Yak is holding a contest at Georgetown for students to win #free #swag. Yes, we said free!
All you have to do is:
- Find Yik Yak stickers around campus
- Tweet or Instagram them with the hashtag #SpotTheYak
AND THEN: Win Yik Yak-related prizes that give Yik Yak free advertising and give you #ultimatestreetcred.
The contest opened at midnight today and will run until Friday (Feb. 6) at 11:59 pm. Check out the Facebook event here for details on all the prizes.
While using Yik Yak usually gives you intangible illusions of popularity and gratification via anonymous strangers, you can now receive actual, tangible rewards through your association with the app, including t-shirts, baseball caps and beer koozies (to hold your water bottles, obviously).
So take a break from passive aggressively posting about your roommate and constantly asking strangers whether you should tell that boy you like him, and go out and #SpotTheYak.
Photos/Gifs: Tumblr.com; dailydot.com
Latest posts by Marina Smith (see all)
- WORD WEDNESDAY: “Lit” - October 21, 2015
- Friday Fixat10ns: The Soundtrack to Your First Freshman Crawl - September 4, 2015
- The Dos and Don’ts of Move-In Day - August 27, 2015