So it’s 4:45 p.m. on a Tuesday. You just finished class and are ready for dinner, but you’re not feeling Leo’s. And then you remember, you can now use meal swipes at Così. You race across campus, power walk through Leavey and reach the land of bowls and flatbread. And that’s when the five stages of waiting at Cosi begin…
1. You walk inside and almost pass out looking at the line to order and crowd waiting to pick up food. You are shocked that this many people eat dinner at 4:56 p.m. on a Tuesday, let alone attend Georgetown.
2. You spot half of your freshman floor, two kids from Intro to Philosophy and that almost- DFMO from Club Lau last weekend. You keep your head down and proceed in line.
3. At the front of the line, you reach for a bread sample, knowing this morsel will tide you over for the next hour. And after ten minutes of going back and forth between ordering the TBM and the Brazilian Steak Bowl, you make a last minute decision and order the BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizza.
4. Next you successfully complete your order, after taking a good 30 seconds to choose between chips or carrots. You are handed your number, and now the fun can begin.
And you think, maybe Leo’s would have been a better choice, but you know that you’ll be back again
tomorrow next week, reliving the five stages of waiting at Cosi.
Photos/Gifs: Giphy.com, Reactiongifs.com, tumblr.com, slidesharedcn.com
Latest posts by Maddie Schwartz (see all)
- 5 Questions I Have for Georgetown While Abroad - October 2, 2017
- The Five Stages of Studying for Finals - May 4, 2017
- What To Do This Summer If You Don’t Have an Internship - April 12, 2017