Let’s face it, the semester is flying by and most of you probably cannot even believe spring break is right around the corner. While walking around campus or discussing plans with friends, you may have noticed that there are certain stigmas attached to soon-to-be spring breakers. Whether you are planning on traveling to exotic destinations with the fam, drinking mojitos in Cabo with your best friends or just laying low at home, there is no denying that there are certain characters for each Hoya. Without further ado, here are five people that you will most likely encounter this week at the Hilltop, whether you like it or not.
1. The Sulker This Joe or Jane Hoya is pretty upset that they are not going to Florida or Mexico this year. They complain that life in New Jersey/Pennsylvania/New York is so boring and are really not looking forward to the fact that they have to get their tonsils/wisdom teeth out. They also freely share their sadness with anyone who will listen, especially because some of their friends were lucky enough to snag a great deal in the Bahamas but, sadly, they are unable to attend. Better luck next year!
2. The Partier This oh-so-fun Hoya just cannot wait for the big SB. They have had a countdown set on their iPhone since December and consistently post on their BFF’s walls about how crazy/weird/fun things are going to get in Cancun!! They really hope to make friends with kids from other colleges and recently ordered brand new bathing suits and SPF 75 sunscreen and are leaving their fake IDs behind (thanks to that 18 year-old drinking age). Get ready for some craziness, Mexico!
3. The Family Guy/Gal Who needs crazy parties or loads of alcohol to have a fun spring break? This family orientated Gtowner is going to spend some time back home lounging on the couch with their mom’s home cooked food, snuggling with their dog. This Hoya will be sleeping in until noon every day and catching up with their high school friends while trying to finish the three papers their demon-professors assigned.
4. The “Dedicated” (2 week) Yates Member Now, you probably have met this special Hoya many time, perhaps after Thanksgiving Break (working off the turkey weight) or New Years (trying to keep their resolutions)…but ya gotta give them some credit for trying! Whether they go to Yates on the daily or if it’s their first time stepping inside the gym, this soon to be spring breaker is desperately trying to get into tip-top shape … fast. They constantly complain on the weekends about how much they want (but can’t have) Tuscany and stay on the treadmills and ellipticals past 30 minutes, even when there is a line to use the machine. They are most likely going to a beach destination and want to make sure they sheds off any leftover hibernation pounds. Don’t sweat it, dedicated (2 week) Yates member, I have faith in you.
5. You You’re excited for your spring break plans, whatever they may be, and can’t wait to get some sleep after the crazy midterm week you’ve had. You’re ready to get out of the 202 and take a break from Hilltop life! You’ve re-worked your travel plans to get back to campus early to go see the Syracuse game and are just ready to have some time off! You deserve it, too!
Photo: www.nakid-in-dc.blogspot.com, media.tumblr.com, stuffpoint.com, www.q98.com
Latest posts by Allie Canal (see all)
- The Procrastinator’s Guide to the Galaxy: Popping Bubbles - May 4, 2013
- The 224 Project - April 22, 2013
- The Five People You’ll Meet in a GAAP Facebook Group - April 10, 2013