It is that time of year again, when rare species of students spending ungodly amount of times in ugly places. Yes, thats right, Georgetown is in the midst of finals.
I tend to think of myself as a finals connoisseur, after struggling through 5+ rounds. Due to this, I have perceived a lot of specimens that I think are extremely noteworthy. Some people thrive under the stress, while others resort to copious amounts of caffeine and uncontrollable breakdowns.
Here are the 5 people seen during finals:
1. The Cubicle Hermit: This is the person who you swear lives at Lau. From dawn to dusk they are camped out at their little slice of the library. They probably resort to drawing something depressing on the walls to deal with their isolation. These brave souls probably bring pints of Ben and Jerry’s ice cream and a blanket with them.
2. The Adventurous Studier: This person does not let the Georgetown bubble constrain him or her during the worst time of the year. A brief look at this person’s Instagram or Snapchat will show them being #cultured while studying for POG. Whether it be the National Mall or NYC, this person officially wins the finals game. Snaps for you.
3. The Non-Corp Corpie: Ah the elusive non-Corp, Corpie: a favorite of mine. This person isn’t in the Corp, but basically should be. They can either be seen posing with their Corp drink of choice, or refueling at a variety of Corp locations. Hey, caffeine is the name of the game during finals. Keep doing your thang.
4. That Late Guy/Girl: Ugh this poor soul… the person who is perpetually late during finals. Whether it be the review session or the final itself, this person is always “waking up late from a power nap.” We see you, don’t hide your laziness. You might wanna get a clock and an alarm though, not all teachers are forgiving to latecomers.
5. The Socialite: The self-appointed king or queen of finals. This person must be in every class on campus, because they are everywhere and are talking to everyone. Their kingdom is Lau 2 and their choice lifestyle is not doing a single stitch of work. If you can afford to do this with your finals schedule, you should just go home. Get a life please.
So….Who are you?
Photo/Gifs: howardcc.edu; http://ohthiskid.com/; tumblr.com; orderofthegooddeath.com