Fall is undoubtedly the greatest season of all: The leaves start to change colors, Starbucks releases its seasonal drinks and, of course, Halloween and Thanksgiving are just around the corner. Naturally, the beautiful autumn backdrop and seasonal traditions lend themselves to the perfect Instagram (with the right filter), which is sure to rack up the likes. So really, it comes to no one’s surprise that fall is a #basicgirl’s favorite season.
As you have most likely noticed, the #basic movement has definitely taken over the Hilltop as the aroma of artificially scented pumpkin everything fills the air and infinity scarves are in abundance. After noticing the trend, you may find yourself asking, “WOW! What can I to do to become more #basic?” If this applies to you, then we here at 4E have some answers, as we’ve compiled the 10 Commandments of Being #Basicinthefall.
1. Thou shall visit a pumpkin patch for the sake of a new profile picture (which thou shall delete if it does not get enough likes).
2. Thou shall go “apple picking” at least once and Instagram the entire excursion because thou shall always #doitfortheinsta.
3. Thou shall not pick more than three apples when “apple picking”, because excessive apple picking detracts from picture taking time.
4. Thou shall instill creativity in your Halloween costumes.
5. Thou shall honor the sacred combination of riding boots, vests and flannels and this shall be worn at least three times a week.
6. Thou shall purchase an abundance of fall scented Yankee Candles, for which your roommate will surely thank you. Permitted scents include: Apple Pumpkin, Season’s Blessings, Cozy Sweater, November Rain and Autumn Wreath (and yes, these scents actually do exist).
7. Thou shall partake in an extravagant Friendsgiving feast … in your dorm.
8. Thou shall channel your inner Martha Stewart and try every fall related recipe on Pinterest for your aforementioned feast.
9. Thou shall go out of your way to crunch every dead leaf you encounter on your walks to and from class, which is sure to be a nuisance to all other passersby’s.
10. Thou shall spend at least half of your flex dollars at the Leavey Starbucks this season exclusively on Pumpkin Spiced Lattes and Salted Caramel Mochas.
So there you have it 4E readers, a whole set of #basicguidelines. Hopefully, it will help you embark on your #basicjourney to become a #basicHoya. Good luck!
Gifs: survivingcollege.com, tumblr.com, blogspot.com, twentyishdot.com; Photo: mackinawcity.com
Latest posts by Catherine McNally (see all)
- PSA: Facebook Updated Their ‘Like’ Button - February 24, 2016
- Favor! The Life Saver - February 16, 2016
- 2 Chicks, 1 Georgetown: An Interview with the Sandwiches Behind It All - February 11, 2016