Short and sweet. Just like the past break. Enjoy this week’s 4E Monday Music Update!
- Flume – Free (Luude x Creepa Flip Remix)
- RL Grime – Reims (Enschway & Luude Flip Remix)
- MGMT – Kids (Aux Paris Remix)
- Loud Luxury feat. Brandy – Body
- NGHTMRE & SLANDER – GUD VIBRATIONS
Knock those finals dead. Good luck, everyone!
Photos/Gifs/Music: soundcloud.com, giphy.com
We are all so ready to go home. Eat turkey. Catch up on sleep. Finally binge-watch Stranger Things 2. But until then, enjoy the latest 4E-approved tunes!
- 070 Shake – Honey
- Roy Woods – Instinct (ft. MadeinTYO)
- Big Sean – No More Interviews
- Pham – Movements (ft. Yung Fusion)
- Kygo – Nothing Left ft. Will Heard (Trinix Remix)
- Kygo – This Town
- Shura – Touch
- Louis The Child – Phone Died (ft. Blaise Railey)
- Darci – Two Up
- Childish Gambino – Terrified (Zikomo Remix)
Thanks for reading! Time to get listening!
Photos/Gifs/Music: soundcloud.com, spotify.com, giphy.com
Halloweekend is coming upppp! Get pumped. For those still taking midterms, I’m sorry. Here’s your weekly update!
- Marvin Dolo – 3:23AM https://soundcloud.com/marvindolo/323am
- SAFE – Feel https://soundcloud.com/bougiebrito/safe-feel
- Amir Obe – WISH YOU WELL https://soundcloud.com/amirobe/wish-you-well-1
- Thutmose – WuWu https://soundcloud.com/thutmose/wuwu
- Flume/Galantis Remix – U/You and I/Me https://soundcloud.com/midwestcoast2/uyou-and-ime-flumegalantis
- Jeremih – F*ck U All the Time [Shlohmo Remix] https://soundcloud.com/shlohmo/jeremih-fuck-u-all-the-time
- Just A Gent – Limelight ft. R O Z E S [NGHTMRE Remix] https://soundcloud.com/nghtmre/just-a-gent-limelight-ft-r-o-z-e-s-nghtmre-remix
- Emma Jensen – Closer https://soundcloud.com/emmasjensen/closer-emma-jensen
- Frank Ocean – Swim Good [Mills Remix] https://soundcloud.com/millymakesmusic/frank-ocean-swim-good-mills
- Drake & Flume – Best I Ever Had You & Me https://soundcloud.com/ckuehmeier/best-i-ever-had-you-me-drake
Stay in the grind, and ~good luck~ with the midterms seizin’. Photos/Gifs/Music: soundcloud.com, giphy.com, tumblr.com
The time has come. We finally get to go home! But don’t get too excited just yet. Before we leave the Georgetown bubble and arrive at our cozy beds and clean/functional showers, we have to account for that trip home. Whether it’s a plane, train, bus, or car ride home, here are some hacks to make the trip a little more comfortable.
- Take a blanket with you. Yes. From what I’ve learned on my Amtrak rides home is that it can get pretty cold. I’m not saying pack your whole twin-sized, puffy blanket from your dorm, but a thin one to make sleeping during the trip a little easier.
- Pack your earphones/headphones with a fully charged phone. While you’re still on campus, connect to the wifi and download all your songs on Spotify before you go. This way, you can go on airplane mode on the trip, save your battery, and still be able to listen to everything you’ve recently saved in your library. You’re going to need it when that one baby starts crying and ruins it for everyone.
- Pack snacks. Go to Hoya Snaxa, Vittles, CVS, wherever. Purchase your granola bars, bananas, candy, and whatever else to keep you comfortable for a couple hours.
- Wear layers. If it’s too hot, you can take off your sweater with a shirt underneath. Don’t put the extra layer in your suitcase that’s overhead, but wear it or put in your backpack for easy access.
- Wear a baseball hat. Now this one may seem questionable at first. But do it. At one point or another on the trip, you’re going to get tired–and the lights may still be bright on your plane/train/bus. You can’t bust out a sleeping mask, so use your hat. This has saved me on my trips. Tip your hat over your face and now you can rest in peace and in the dark.
- If you’re not the type who can handle listening to music for a couple hours straight, download some movies on your laptop before you go.
- This is the crucial tip. If you want to be productive on your trip home, make sure you plan ahead. Most transportation methods don’t provide free wifi. That means download all your assignments from Blackboard and load your online articles before hand. This way, you can still work on your assignment without an internet source.
- Last but not least, dress comfortably. Whether that means wearing leggings or sweatpants instead of jeans, slip-ons instead of sneakers, t-shirts instead of button-ups–be sure you can endure sitting in your chosen outfit for a couple of hours.
That’s it, folks! Happy almost Turkey Day! :)
After Hillary Clinton, Ted Cruz, Rand Paul and Marco Rubio announced their candidacy, 4E started doing thorough research so we can tell you all who to support on Election Day. We scanned a few “Ready for Hillary” Facebook posts and read a cbsnews.com article called “Five things to know about Marco Rubio” for some reliable information. #listiclesinformthemasses
The last “thing to know” about Marco Rubio was that “he speaks the language of younger voters.” Fun fact: he knows what a meme is and listens to Tupac and “Straight Outta Compton” by N.W.A.! Even though “Straight Outta Compton” was released seven years before I was born and Tupac died the year after, Rubio is still listening to rap music so he must be super hip.
As much as I was thrilled to find out that Marky Mark Rubio is down with the youths, I was mostly excited to hear that he has decided to share his love for music with the world.
That’s right, Marco’s got a Spotify playlist! His name is marco_rubio and he’s about to lay down the jams with a playlist called “What I’m Currently Listening To.”
It’s actually not bad. Our favorites are “Pumped up Kicks” by Foster the People, “Feel so Close” by Calvin Harris and “Changes” by our friend 2Pac.
4E enjoyed Marco Rubio’s favorite hits and we feel like we’ve learned a lot about the man – not just the candidate – by jamming with him.
Marco is a bit ahead of the game as no other candidate has shared his or her musical preferences on Spotify. So now 4E is calling on all of the candidates running for the presidency in 2016 to create a Spotify playlist for all of the “younger voters.”
The other candidates might not have as hip taste as Marco, but we’re sure they listen to a few songs we could work with. Either way we’d like to hear what pumps them up and get “turnt” with Hill-Dawg, DJ Cruz and Rowdy Randy.
gifs/photos: imgur.com, howiecarrshow.com, photobucket.com