La Croix: It can be found in any Georgetown Girl’s refrigerator, but no one really knows how to pronounce it … La Croy? La Cwah? La Crocs? For those of us who love this sparkling beverage, here’s what your preferred flavor says about you.
Pamplemousse and Cran-Raspberry : Although all flavors of La Croix are basic, these two are the worst of them all. You wear Adidas Superstars and Lululemon leggings and drink La Croix to ~rehydrate~ after SoulCycle. You use La Croix as a chaser for your Mango Pineapple Svedka because it’s “healthy.”
Any of the Curate Flavors: You’re really bougie and probably pronounce it “La Cwah.”
Plain: You’re a real hardo. You’d prefer to drink plain water out of your Brita filter but you drink plain La Croix to seem jazzy.
Coconut: Some may say it tastes like a candle, but if you drink Coconut La Croix, you’re the cool kid at the party. You’re super trendy and fun and everyone wants to be your friend (disclaimer: this is my flavor of preference).
Lime: You’re trying to cut back on soda and if you really pretend, it tastes
nothing kinda like Sprite.
Peach-Pear: You really like Burnett’s, but since it isn’t socially acceptable to drink on a Tuesday at 1 p.m., Peach-Pear La Croix is the closest you’re going to get.
So, next time you walk around campus with a can of La Croix in hand, just know that the rest of us are judging you.
Photos: lacroixwater.com, www.brit.co
It’s that time of year when even the most avid tea drinker feels that the meager amount of caffeine in green tea just isn’t cutting it. Yes, as finals approach, I find myself upping my caffeine intake by a factor of three (read as: twelve) and starting to actually enjoy drinking the coffee at Leo’s. I know, what’s becoming of me. Maybe it’s the 6:45am Bikram yoga I’ve been attending for my stress, or maybe because it’s mono season, but it seems like everyone is a little more tired these days. With seven places to get caffeinated on campus, we know that the art of the bean means something to the Georgetown population.
So, what does your coffee say about you?:
- Americano: Mmmmm espresso. The name of the Americano lends it an almost paradoxical essence; a foreign name for our own home-town Americana. The Americano drinker has big dreams of Paris and Milan, in fact you’re already practicing your Italian oral exam for your pending study abroad next semester. Como estai?
- Black Coffee: Either the trek for milk at Leo’s, conveniently placed on the other end of the cafeteria from the coffee, or your hard-edged persona has landed you with the most serious of coffee drinkers. Sugar? No. Milk? No no. You like your coffee hot and your heart is likely steel cold. Just kidding. Maybe. Probably not.
- Mocha: It’s like the adult version of hot chocolate. The little kid in you smiles when you take a sip. You’re the type of person who still remembers watching Rocket Power like it was yesterday. Plans for winter time? You’re already penciled in some ice skating by the waterfront as a study break from your Biology final.
- Red Eye: Just as jacked up as Red Eye the 2005 horror movie, you spend your week at Club Lau (minus the club) and your weekends at the night clubs. Maybe you’re saying to yourself – sleep? Who needs it. Yeah, not you, not when you’re drinking a red-eye at least.
- Vanilla Latte: Sweet but it packs a punch. With every smile you give, you’ve given an eyebrow raise to match. You’re sassy, your sweet, and with your vanilla latte, sleep will not have you beat. With a Vanilla Latte in hand you’re most likely to be seen on your way into Georgetown cupcakes to get a surprise cupcake for your roommate to help them through the stress of their Organic Chem final. D’awww.
- Cappuccino: Class and style. You’ve got it. That rich espresso with a slight froth of milk perfectly describes your personality. Drinking coffee for you has become more than a necessity, it’s an experience. It’s all about getting the ultimate enjoyment. You like to sit back and relax with your coffee in hand, slowly sipping to some Lykke Li playing in the background.
Whatever your blend and whatever your reasons, drink up, Hoyas!