Person 1: Hey! How was your break?
Person 2: Good! How was yours?
Person 1: Good!
[Conversation ends even more awkwardly than the hug.]
4E doesn’t like awkward post-winter-break conversations. That’s why we’ve made this handy dandy list of alternative conversation starters for you to use instead of “How was your break?”
1. What was your favorite part about your break?
2. What are you looking forward to most about this semester?
3. Did you make any good New Year’s resolutions?
4. How about that Auburn-FSU game?
5. If you were a Harry Potter character, who would you be and why? (Not break-related, but always important to know.)
6. What did you give your family for Christmas?
7. [Insert political topic.] Suggestions include the Chris Christie email scandal, marijuana legalization in Colorado and/or Obamacare. Be wary, though. These might get heated.
8. Have you applied to The Fourth Edition yet? Because you really should.
9. Do you like green eggs and ham? Why or why not?
10. What’s your favorite/least favorite part of the first day of classes?
And if all else fails…
11. How about this weather?