Tonight is the annual midnight breakfast at the fabulous O’Donovan’s on the waterfront (aka Leo’s). Students from all over campus will gather to enjoy the coolest meal of the day.
The midnight breakfast starts at 10 pm and is open to all students who show a GoCard. That means that a meal plan is not required. Warning: this event gets crazy crowded, so make sure to think through your plan of action.
Some cool things about the midnight breakfast:
- The event is in the upstairs of Leo’s. The whole level will be decked out in all sorts of Christmas cheer. You can expect wreaths, maybe some tinsel and definitely some Christmas carols.
- They use disposable dishes and cutlery. No searching for clean bowls!
- The food is really good. I don’t know how or why, but something about eating breakfast food at 10 p.m. makes everything better. The pancakes are fluffier, the bacon is crispier – the food just tastes better.
- There will probably be French Toast sticks. A delicacy of years past, French Toast sticks have only been present at breakfast a pitiful 3 times this semester. If Leo’s has any left (which they probably do, since they never serve them), you can expect platters and platters of this fine food. (Note: 4E is not promising French Toast sticks, just predicting. And hoping.)
- The food is served by Georgetown professors. There are two long tables manned by a few of our favorite professors dishing out the breakfast entrees. This is the perfect time to ask questions about your exams and papers (jk, don’t be that guy) or questions about your professors’ personal lives.
- Dessert. Leo’s always does dessert pretty well, but the snacks at midnight breakfast are on a totally different level. There is also a lot of fresh fruit.
Why should you go to Midnight Breakfast?
One word: Finals.
We all need a break, and food is a great way to help the struggle. As the age-old adage says, “There is no problem that a little bacon can’t solve.”
Midnight and breakfast are two of my favorite things, and Leo’s addresses both with class and finesse. Come out tonight and enjoy delicious food and friends before the start of finals!
Photos/Gifs: https://31.media.tumblr.com/d79f2e4294fc7a9fc778ce9052614c68/tumblr_inline_n4vg1ovKD71ry9hph.gif; http://www.hercampus.com/school/duke/midnight-breakfast