Do you know what this Friday is?!!??
Well, yes… but NO! IT’S GALENTINE’S DAY!
Last year 4E brought you a glorious introduction to “Your New Favorite Holiday” and we’re here to remind that you’re in luck – It’s that time of year again!
What is Galentine’s Day you might ask?
For those of you Parks and Rec fans out there, and really for ALL of you guys and gals (but mostly gals), Galentine’s Day is the perfect prelude to the forever dreaded/over-anticipated V-day.
It is no secret that for most, Valentine’s Day generally turns out to be some extent of a disappointment. Whether you spend the day gawking at cute couples, chocolates, flowers and bears while being reminded of your own nonexistent love life, or whether you obsess, over-anticipate and set the bar too high for your own significant other, Valentine’s Day is mostly a day of inevitable letdown. However, we here at 4E are here to tell you that it does not have to be like this.
The solution: Galentine’s Day
Here are some things to do on Friday that will bring you so much love and companionship that you will forget it’s a holiday:
1. Get started extra early with Galentine’s Day at the Women’s Center. Head over to the Women’s Center tomorrow (Wednesday) at 6:30 pm for treats, crafts, and company!
2. Invest in a great brunch, the ultimate gal pal time.
3. Go see 50 Shades of Grey. I know you’re all thinking it so here are the details for Friday: Showtimes: 1:00 pm, 4:00 pm, 7:00 pm, 8:45 pm, 10:00 pm
Fandango cost: $10.56
4. Bake cookies, cakes and chocolate-covered everything. Take over your common room and/or someone’s apartment and let out your inner culinary desires while satisfying your craving for non-diet friendly sweets.
5. Go crazy with crafts! Scissors, glue, glitter – get creative, make a frame, make a gift and, most importantly, make a mess.
6. Make an Insta-Collage. Do you even need a reason to compile all of your favorite gal pics (awkward, cute, embarrassing, etc.)?! Take advantage of the excuse to express your love via social media!
7. Or do this:
Whatever you do, make a point to serenade the awesome gals in your life. Happy Galentine’s Day!
Photos/Gifs: Pinterest; giphy.com; tumblr.com; hercampus.com; buzzfeed.com
Latest posts by Jenna Clifford (see all)
- Dating App: Bio Do’s and Don’ts - April 18, 2017
- Who Says You Can’t Wear White After Labor Day? Congress is Doing it. - March 2, 2017
- Things Worth Loving This Valentine’s Day - February 13, 2017