We’ve all seen the movie American Hustle. Well, maybe not all of us, but if you haven’t, you should get on that this Easter break. Anyway, don’t you want to be like Amy Adams and Georgetown alumnus Bradley Cooper? (I know I do.) It can be hard to get your American Hustle on while you’re in the midst of studying for those last few tests, but never fear, you can still be a Georgetown Hustler, which is just as great, if not better! How, you might ask? Just follow these few tips:
1. Steal three pieces of fruit from Leo’s. They tell you that you can only take two, so be daring and slip a third apple into your bag.
2. Bring uncovered drinks into Lau 3. You’re a rebel and no one can tell you what to do. Bonus points if you walk right past the circulation desk without being detected.
3. Use a friend’s GoCard to swipe into a building where yours doesn’t work. Trespassing in the dorms is so 007.
4. Buy a one-class Yates pass and use it for two classes. You can still be a hustler while you’re getting a workout.
5. Pretend you know a few brothers at one of the frats to get into party. Who do you know here? Uh, Matt, he’s a great guy! We’re best friends! You don’t need to be a freshman to hustle your way in the door.
6. Switch your meal plan at the last second to get extra flex dollars. Switch from the 14 to the 10 and you’ll get 50 more flex dollars — that’s like 10 Corp drinks (swag).
7. Step on the seal. You’re not scared by the superstition. You’re going to stomp on that seal, and then graduate with honors. (Just kidding. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves.)
Okay, let’s be honest, you might not be the most badass student on campus, but it’s the small rebellions that get you through the day. You might not be able to wear low cut dresses like Amy Adams. You might not be able to rock the curlers like Bradley Cooper. But with these easy tips, you can still be a Georgetown Hustler.