In fact, my biggest Georgetown Day fail was ordering a Chicken Madness without cheese or mayo, which is probably considered a sin in almost every world religion. In addition to a lifetime of memories, I also gained two unidentified pairs of sunglasses, got a sunburn, took a nap on Copley Lawn and harassed someone into giving me a bite of their Burger Madness.
Although my Georgetown Day was fairly standard and uneventful, there are many things that could have happened that would have made the day a legendary mess. Here are a few things that could have turned Georgetown Day from fun to frightening:
- I did not fall off of a Vil A rooftop, end up hopelessly lost and wandering in the ICC, or jump into anyone’s Uber.
- I did not end up lost and confused in Bethesda or New Carrollton. My obsession with the Metro could very easily have resulted in disastrous consequences.
- I did not end up on the bottom of the Tidal Basin. Side note: I am somewhat surprised that this has never happened to someone on Georgetown Day.
I’m glad you made it out of Georgetown Day in one piece. If you’re conscious and reading this, your life isn’t totally ruined beyond repair, so congratulations! Go forth and prosper with your new memories and stories from everyone’s favorite day of the year.
Gifs/Photos: reactiongifs.com, giphy.com, acclaimmag.com
Latest posts by Marina Smith (see all)
- WORD WEDNESDAY: “Lit” - October 21, 2015
- Friday Fixat10ns: The Soundtrack to Your First Freshman Crawl - September 4, 2015
- The Dos and Don’ts of Move-In Day - August 27, 2015