Do you ever feel completely freakin’ exhausted after a long week? Are you so happy that Friday afternoon has arrived and all you want to do for the next few hours is chill? Are you looking for perfect cool and relaxing playlist to make your Friday sweet? Well this Friday Fixat10ns playlist is just what you need. We at 4E are concerned about your inner peace, your inner chakra as I like to call it. So do yourself a favor and just listen.
1. East Coast Girl- Cayucas. This ultimate poppy indie band hailing from Southern California will have you thinking about sun, palm trees, and the beach in no time. Even though this song is called East Coast Girl, it still truly gives off some good vibes.
2. Always – Panama. Hitting an even more calming note, Always by Panama takes on an eclectic dramatic tune. Oh how this song is so perfect for ultimate relaxation.
3. Naked Kids- Grouplove. Ahhh, my favorite hippy group! I love them, purple hair and all. This song will also have you wishing you were “cruisin’ down the highway, with your friends topdown”. Summer is coming soon, kids! Don’t worry.
4. Hollywood – RAC. Although I usually add this tune to my pre-game playlist, it’s also great for some background noise. RAC has recently popped up more within the poppy indie scene as their sound has a harmonious combination of pop and
5. Wide Eyes- Local Natives. If you haven’t heard of them, they two have a great sound and a quirky flair. If Wide Eyes does not help you find your inner chakra, then I don’t know what will.
6. Modern Jesus – Portugal. The Man. I’ve always been taken by Portugal. The Man’s luring and intense lyrics, but their sound is also something to take note of. Modern Jesus may leave you feeling quite pensive.
7. Climbing Walls – Strange Talk. I randomly stumbled upon this tune a while back on Youtube and figured it should make the list. It’s super catchy, so watch out.
8. October – Broken Bells. I love Broken Bells because they are composed of the same artist/producer of The Shins, another band with beautifully constructed songs.
9. Phantom Limbs – The Shins. Have you found that ultimate relaxed level yet? After 8 songs, I think you have to be almost there! Just keep listening, just keep listening!
10. The Suburbs – Arcade Fire. You’ve probably heard of these guys as they have been making the festival rounds over the last few years. This particular song is just the right amount of chill.
Well I really hope this playlist did the trick to relax you! Enjoy your weekend, fellow Hoyas!
Photos/Gifs: peggycappy.net; giphy.com
Latest posts by Meg Lizza (see all)
- SWUG Life 101 - April 6, 2017
- The 5 Stages of Spring Break as Told by Corinne - February 28, 2017
- GUSA Presidential Debate Drinking Game: 2017 Edition - February 20, 2017