So I’m a freshman – you were all in my shoes at some point, but it doesn’t make those shoes any less awkward. And nothing is funnier than the misfortune of others, so here is a list of 10 of my more embarrassing Georgetown moments that only a freshman could have:
1. I walked into the library, located the stairs, and proceeded to walk UP to find Lau 2.
2. I didn’t know that Wisey’s was a nickname for Wisemiller’s and tried to figure out where it was by Googling “Wisey’s”.
3. I’ve still never had an Oreo cookie from the aforementioned Wisey’s.
4. I thought you could use flex dollars at Sweetgreen and was accordingly confused when my card said insufficient funds.
5. I left my laundry unattended… bad choice.
6. I had to look up “dfmo” on urban dictionary.
7. I still don’t know where Brown House is, or why it’s called Brown House. I’m assuming it’s because it’s brown. But I wouldn’t know.
8. I wore uncomfortable shoes to D.C.’s Fashion’s Night Out and have the blisters to prove it.
9. I tried to take a sandwich and a fruit cup from Grab-and-Go and got yelled at by the attendant. Apparently EVERYONE knows that a fruit cup is considered an ENTRÉE. DUH.
10. I walked all the way through the University Hotel to get to Starbucks, unaware that there was a much faster and direct route through Hoya Court.
I do genuinely hope this will be my last ‘Freshman Fails’ post, but let’s be realistic, I still have a lot to learn about Georgetown. So stay tuned for more humor at my expense.
Photo credit: warningsignshirts.com