It’s time to embrace the sad truth: GW’s geotag game is stronger than ours. Let’s explore Georgetown’s finest options in the ever-present Snapchat game.
Grey outline of Healy Hall with Hoya Saxa in a circle in the corner – Always the first one to appear when swiping right on Snapchat. Really boring tbh. Not ideal for the classic freshman Healy snap story.
‘I Believe’ – Don’t get me started. Wrong color scheme, takes up the entire picture, no one knows what ‘I Believe’ stands for. 0/10. Apparently used for a GUSA Presidential campaign two years ago, and we’ve never stopped having it. Somehow that makes it more annoying.
Southwest Quad – As if living in McCarthy wasn’t bad enough, their Snapchat filter is probably the weakest on campus. Worth a venture to Snaxa for late night slushies and to check out this monstrosity.
Leo’s salad bar – It’s just tomatoes and lettuce. 2/10 for unbalanced dieting.
Leo’s upstairs – Very representative of the lighting. Could go well with a food snap of vegan brownies. I never get this one actually in Leo’s; only in my New South dorm room.
MSB – The bros use it after nailing their Goldman Sachs interviews and OPIM exams. Goes well with Vineyard Vines and/or a suit and tie combo. Points for having the prettiest building. I appreciate.
Dahlgren Chapel – So cute, so chic, so simple. My parents were married here so I’m a bit biased. 10/10 for love.
Outline of Healy with Georgetown University in middle – It would require effort to make this uglier.
Lau – Harsh. Boring. But is that not representative of Lau vibes?
Lord of the Rings Lau – Don’t get me wrong: this filter is weird, but points for creativity and nerdiness. I see you. Gets a laugh at 3 AM when cramming for a History midterm.
McCourt School Georgetown – Old time-y font and DC imagery. I like. Solid 8/10.
Georgetown University with Hoya Saxa in cursive: perfect for freshman bragging to their high school friends about attending a top 20 institution. The only filter that blatantly says, “Hoya Saxa,” so that’s pretty concerning. Basic but very nice.
- Why is there no ICC geotag? Bill Clinton would not approve.
- No acknowledgment of Jesuits I see. Does Cura Personals even mean anything to Georgetown if we cannot fully represent this on our social media?
- Genuine question: Does Darnall have one? I’ve never been there.
- Why doesn’t Jack the Bulldog get any love?
- Let’s have a New South geotag reading “Zoo South” that shows broken Pineapple Burnetts and dip in the stairwell.
- @Corp Marketing I know a geotag at each location would be hard but it would be dope.Photos: me, duh.