Autumn is officially upon us, and we all know what that means: Leaves are falling, Halloween is approaching and, most importantly, ravenous people want their pumpkins… and they want them now.
October is a pumpkin spice world, and we are all just living in it.
Here at 4E, we get it. Biddies, we understand your need for all things pumpkin, and we’re here to help. That’s why we used all of our journalistic/investigatory skills to put together this map for you. It contains all of the pumpkin food and beverage locations on (and near) Georgetown’s campus, so you can get your pumpkin fix wherever you are, whenever you need it. You’re welcome PSL fiends, you’re welcome:
But we wouldn’t leave you hanging with just this random map! Here’s a guide to all the locations indicated above, complete with their pumpkin-flavored menu items and prices.
1. SAXBYS – This is for the pumpkin spice connoisseur in your friend group. SAXBYS offers pumpkin spice chai (Medium $4.45), pumpkin spice smoothies (Medium $4.50) and pumpkin spice lattes (Medium $4.44), all made in-house with their natural pumpkin spice mix. That’s right: No sugary syrups here. Just the real deal. 4E Pumpkin Spice Rating: 4/5 pumpkins.
2. Einstein Bros Bagels – It doesn’t take an actual Einstein to know that these folks have their pumpkin game on fleek. Fresh-baked pumpkin bagels with pumpkin schmear, pumpkin-spiced lattes and pumpkin muffins, all for a simple meal swipe that you weren’t going to use anyway! The best bang for your pumpkin-craving buck! 4E Pumpkin Spice Rating: 4/5 pumpkins.
3. Wisey’s – At the time of this writing, there were no pumpkin spice items at Wisey’s. However, I was assured by an employee that pumpkins would soon be coming. I don’t really know what to say to that. Go eat a Hot Chick while watching It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown and call it a day. 4E Pumpkin Spice Rating: 1/5 pumpkins.
4. The Tombs – Pumpkin cheesecake. $8. It’s really good. That’s all I have to say about that. 4E Pumpkin Spice Rating: 2.5/5 pumpkins.
5. Corp Coffee Locations (Midnight MUG, MUG, UG) – I’m pretty sure Gandhi once said, “If you want a good PSL, sometimes you need to think creatively.” That’s what you need to do at these Corp coffee spots. The pumpkin is there, but it isn’t blatantly advertised as such. Our suggestion: Order a 2% medium latte with flavor shots of pumpkin spice and vanilla ($4.20). 4E Pumpkin Spice Rating: 3/5 pumpkins.
6. Bulldog Tavern – Attention all you boozy 21+ SWUGs: The Tavern is ready for you. As part of their Seasonal Fall Cocktails list, they’ve prepared a delicious pumpkin spice martini ($8.99) that will make even the most basic of pumpkin addicts squeal in delight. Made with spiced pumpkin vodka and topped with whipped cream, nutmeg and cinnamon, this creation is ready to get you drunk on autumn – and just flat out drunk in general. 4E Pumpkin Spice Rating: 3/5 pumpkins.
7. Leo’s – Even O’Donovan’s on the Waterfront is hopping on the pumpkin spice train. Try their pumpkin spice loaf to make the most out of those meal swipes! 4E Pumpkin Spice Rating: 2/5 pumpkins.
8. Vital Vittles – If you are looking for your pumpkin candy fix, look no further than Aisle 3A at Vittles, where you can find the Capital Candy Jar’s Pumpkin Pretzel Rods ($3.84) and Pumpkin Candy Coated Oreos ($3.29). They’re even covered in little leaf sprinkles! So. Adorable. *SWOON* 4E Pumpkin Spice Rating: 3/5 pumpkins.
9. Cosi – Look, everyone. Cosi knows that you’re a hipster and you like ~trying new foods~ and experimenting with flavors. That’s why they didn’t just settle for serving PSLs to the masses (which they do sell, $3.99 for a Medium). Instead, Cosi dreamed bigger and decided to make your pumpkin spice even spicier. How spicy, you ask? Chipotle Pumpkin Soup spicy. It’s like bagged butternut squash soup gone rogue. $4.59 for a Medium bowl. Try it if you’re feeling zesty. 4E Pumpkin Spice Rating: 4/5 pumpkins.
10: Epi – Epi totally pulled a Wisey’s and told me they had “no pumpkin items stocked yet.” However, I was assured that pumpkins would make an appearance – maybe in the form of pie? – in the coming weeks. Again, I’m not sure what to do with this information. Stay tuned. Get a quesadilla in the meantime. 4E Pumpkin Spice Rating: 1/5 pumpkins.
11. Starbucks – Starbucks, you just get it. You understand the inner basic-ness of your customer base. You understand the only things frothier than your PSLs are the foaming mouths of your thirsty Georgetown customers. That’s why you have everything for the pumpkin-craving consumer: Pumpkin Spice Frappuccinos (Grande – $4.15), Pumpkin Spice Espresso Drinks (Grande – $4.15), Pumpkin Muffins, Pumpkin Cookies, Pumpkin Loaf and Pumpkin Scones (All $2.45). You even have VIA Instant Pumpkin Spice Latte 4-Packs, for those of us who want to take pumpkin home for later ($6.95). So, thanks, Starbucks. Keep doing pumpkins and keep doing you. 4E Pumpkin Spice Rating: 5/5 pumpkins.
Great. Glad we’re all on the same pumpkin page now. Go get some PSLs and stay basic, Hoyas.
Photos: clipartpanda.com; commons.wikimedia.org; einsteinbros.com; rebloggy.com