This Monday is a very important day for many DC residents: April 20, or 4/20, is a day of celebration for the flowering plant known as cannabis.
Although marijuana use is not legal for DC residents under 21 or anywhere on Georgetown’s campus, 4E has come up with several ways for you to partake in the 4/20 festivities without breaking the law or suffering from the terrible, and probably fatal, medical effects of marijuana use.
1. Get breakfast at First Bake at Farmers Fishers Bakers to get your 4/20 started off right. Enjoy a pot of coffee with your cinnamon rolls.
2. Grab a cupcake from Baked & Wired – they might even have cannabis-shaped cookies on hand. Eat your dessert on the grass by the waterfront.
3. Treat yourself to falafel from Amsterdam Falafelshop in Adam’s Morgan or on 14th Street. To celebrate Amsterdam’s status as the weed capitol of the world, the falafel joint is featuring a special 4/20 pairing menu so that you can get the perfect pita combination to complement your strain of choice.
4. Enjoy a crepe from Muncheez on Wisconsin. Their nutella crepe is dope.
5.Devour a scoop of Ben & Jerry’s Half Baked, or read up on one of their new, rumored weed-enhanced flavors. Not to be blunt, but Half Baked is definitely the best flavor year-round.
Happy 4/20 Hoyas! We hope it’s a high point in your year.
Photos/Gifs: tumblr.com, waybetterthanramen.net, tripadvisor.com, yelp.com (user Amasi B.), benjerry.com, pinterest.com
Latest posts by Marina Smith (see all)
- WORD WEDNESDAY: “Lit” - October 21, 2015
- Friday Fixat10ns: The Soundtrack to Your First Freshman Crawl - September 4, 2015
- The Dos and Don’ts of Move-In Day - August 27, 2015